Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got my 67 convertible. The things that are it needs done are as follows in no particular order.

-body is in primer and needs paint
-rechrome all trim (side mirrors, bumpers, etc.)
-new convertible top
-new rims
-finish interior (has new carpet and reupholstered seats)
-engine needs detailing (block painted, chrome parts etc.)
-trunk could use a redo
-wiper motors

What order should i go in? what would make the most sense? I would like to drive it before the summer comes, like in June. So should i chrome the peices first then paint? Or paint then chrome the peices? I need to install all mirrors to pass inspection.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
First is have all your buddies over for a
stand around in the garage and talk smart, plan on spending every waking moment and dime on it. Then convince the little woman how nice it will be riding around in the convertible.
Paint will be your most expensive and time consuming. If you do that yourself you will save alot, if hired out, it will be gone to paint prison for a long time. Id save that for last. Do what you can do yourself first, Get the pad and pen out and make a plan to follow. When ordering parts, do some of the labor stuff like trunk resto. It will consume you.
and take lots of photos for us before and after.

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
You have to have your photos held somewhere online, your own local ISP or some online webhosting services can store them, then when you 'reply'here you see buttons for URL or IMAGE below the text typing area. You click on IMAGE and insert the address ISP where your photos are stored. They will then come into your thread when someone reads it.
Do a 'search' in Bench section there are some threads with free hosting sites to use that are discussed there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea this forum is very similar to the other computer forums i post too. i thought maybe you guys supported pics in threads.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
photobucket.com is a free site and allows you to post to this site (most free ones don't). After you,ve created an account and uploaded some pictures to it, "copy" the line below the pic that says IMG and paste it in your message. The pic will show up like this:

Although I wish I knew what to do to make the picture a bit bigger so everyone can see it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Matt,

I'm doing mine the same way. I have detailed the engine, did rear brakes, suspension, front suspension, brakes etch. Basically all the stuff from the ground up and I'll be finishing with the paint. I hate to have anything happen to the paint from a spring shooting through a fender. :rolleyes:

Doing things this way allows me to drive it when the sun shines. This spring will be the front brakes and springs. Maybe I'll finally be able to stop?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Safety then work that keeps newer parts from getting messed up by future works is the reasoning for the order.
Oh yah. Make sure you have the parts to be chromed removed during painting so you wont be mucking about with the new paint taking it off.

-wiper motors
-trunk could use a redo
-engine needs detailing (block painted, chrome parts etc.)
-body is in primer and needs paint
-new convertible top
-rechrome all trim (side mirrors, bumpers, etc.)
-new rims
-finish interior (has new carpet and reupholstered seats)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts