Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a LT1 setup in a third gen. camaro previously a 6 cyl. car. Do I need to use the third gen v8 radiator and fan set up or use the 4th gen. LT1 radiator and fans etc.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Get the 4th gen radiator and fan setup. Atleast, that way you know it will cool it. It will also fit a 3rd gen. I have seen it before and it looks like the way to go.

------------------
------------------
Mark

1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed (Soon to be LT1)
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials
"Speed KILLS, so drive a FORD and live forever!"
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/~racer383/

Member of the "unwanted" 3rd Gen group.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm also puting an LT1 engine in my 6 cyl 92 camaro and i was wondering what all do i need to do for setting it up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just for info:

I used the original '67 (V8) Radiator in my car when I did the '97 LT1 swap.
I took it out, and had a good rad. shop clean it and core it. I also had the extra nipples added for the extra coolant lines.

Spent a total of $50 for this service.

I use an electric fan from a 1991 Chevy Citation (it's a very heavy duty fan).
It works off a 190 degree switch in the block.
Four years so far with no cooling problems.
In the heat of the Arizona summer I see at most 240 degrees at stop lights (which is what my '96 Impala and '94 Vette did as well).
When moving, the car stays around 190 in the city and 180 on the highway, no matter the outside temprature.

I also wired in an override on/off switch under my dash in for those extreme conditions when I want the fan to keep running, such as at the track between runs, etc..

Cheers,
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts