Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to get your opinion on what rear shocks to get. I have a 67 Camaro with Hotchkis 1 1/2 drop leafs in the rear along with CalTracs. In the front I'm using SpeedTech Upper and lower controls with RideTech single adj. coilovers. I was wondering what shock would you recommend. This will mainly be a street car.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Considering you have Ridetech coil-overs on the front, have you given thought to running Ridetech's single adjustable shock in the rear. That way you will have a balanced front and rear setup. The cost will go up over, say, Bilsteins, but the superiority, as well as the balance from front and rear, will be a welcomed comfort when driven.

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
I'm very happy with Koni's on my '69 with Hotchkis 1.5" drop springs in the back. For street use where the road surface is not smooth set them to the light setting, and for smooth track surface adjust them to firm.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used the Bilstein/Hotchkis ones as well - Front and Back. Couldn't be happier, went with them since they are matched to the springs.

I bought mine from Streetsideauto.com, you will get them under $100 each shipped. Find an online coupon and save even more.

Bryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts