Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help 69 Camaro the whole interior is full of surface rust. trunk, inside floor, dash celing, pillars door
. all surface rust , minor holes, also floor boards under trunk outside. some holes but mostly surface.
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Motor vehicle
Liquid Fluid Recipe Wood Natural material
Natural material Twig Wood Terrestrial plant Metal
Plant Twig Liquid Wood Natural material
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Tread
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper
Brown Wood Automotive tire Fixture Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Wood
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Tread
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Wood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Tread

Brown Wood Automotive tire Fixture Automotive exterior

Plant Twig Liquid Wood Natural material

Natural material Twig Wood Terrestrial plant Metal

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Liquid Fluid Recipe Wood Natural material

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
What does a sack of groceries cost? :)

Youll need to define the scope of work and quality level for a worthwhile guesstimate.

Don

Reactions: srode and Vega$69

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
I don't see surface rust. I see structural rust that has been patched and that should be removed and done correctly. With those pictures can't tell much except it's not a small job. Expect several thousand dollars.

Reactions: srode

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I need some help 69 Camaro the whole interior is full of surface rust. trunk, inside floor, dash celing, pillars door
. all surface rust , minor holes, also floor boards under trunk outside. some holes but mostly
First, your damage will be 10x worse than you think it is once the car gets stripped down to a bare metal shell. If you haven't any restoration experience or skills, then it's not reasonable to think you can get this restored. Even if you could find a shop willing to take this on, your blank cheque would be required and in the end the result in value would be far less than your investment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Based on what you shared if your intention is to drop this off at a competent restoration shop and pick up an essentially new car, figure low 6 figures and about two years time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry has been so busy at work will try to get better photos. I already purchased the parts I needed and they started the job found all the rust covered up while doing the Minitub from Detroit Speed . I purchased a vehicle supposedly all done with an LS two engine and I am very slow in the shop is installing a crate motor that has 570 horse to the flywheel and I’ve already purchased a transmission from monster transmission. And for Ride tech air suspension with the 4 link suspension conversion and actual steering also installing the carrier rear end. and doing the whole interior and using digital Dakota for everything else that we can use that they have. Vehicle it was fully done that’s what I was told from the dealership in Florida at a time is it shipped to me it never even ran properly I had hit a bump and car Steering line ruptured and the vehicle was on fire. Luckily was able to turn it off with us fire extinguisher minimal damage. That’s why I wanted to just restart all over I know we found all this musLuckily was able to turn it off with us fire extinguisher minimal damage. That’s why I wanted to just restart all over I know we found all this rust.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I would guess $40 to 60K for the body and paint, add on for the interior, drive train, brakes, etc. Hard to say with the pictures you sent and not knowing what you want out of it. With that trunk condition I would guess you will end up paying for quarters, rockers, tail section, floor and trunk pan, frame rails. Maybe a roof skin and fenders to get the body right. Where are you located?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts