Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a 23" 3 core radiator in my 68 with a 350. Anybody know what the correct upper hose is? I got a 20" molded hose and it is about 2" short (probably for the 21" radiator). None of the catalogs or the parts houses show lengths in their descriptions. Anybody know what the right part number is for this app?

·
Super Moderator
33,291 Posts
As a last resort, one can always cut the 21" hose and splice in a nice piece of alum tubing or a steel tubing from the local muffler shop.

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I found it. I had to back into it by going to Gate's website. Advance's part doesn't even show it's for a Camaro but it is the right length and shape. I found out the 23" 3 core is only listed for a 67 Camaro SS/350 with air or a 67 327 with the Maximum Cooling Option. Gates part number is 20607 and Advance's cheapy is E70724.
Ta da!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Thanks for following up and posting the part numbers!

I must have got lucky when I asked the NAPA guy for a 68 SS350 hose - it was 2" too long.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I got it home it did require a little to be trimmed off. That's better than 2" too short. You're lucky to have a NAPA available. All we haved in the immediate town is Autozone and Advance. They drove the NAPA and Carquest out of business.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Most car parts stores use the same common warehouses. NAPA has thier own so they have some stuff nobody else has. The problem with NAPA as I see it is the prices. They are very proud of thier parts. It is my store of last resort.

-Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts