Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
These were recommended by my radio restoration tech. It's what he uses driven by his system. Amazon.com: Pioneer Premier TSD902P 6 x 9 Inch 2-Way 360 Watt Speakers: Electronics Don't forget to sound deaden the rear tray under the mesh and to seal the speaker up under the metal tray so it doesn't leak and give sound cancellation. I'm sure there are plenty of other opinions. I just put up that link so you can see them. Many more expensive models do not perform as well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. My buddy gave me his entire system out of his vette to use in my ride. All Eclipse 6x9, 4x6 universal mounts (too small for 4x6 kick panels), huge tweeters, and crossovers. The magnets are HUGE on the 6x9 and tweeters. I cant find any info as far as wattage on them.
6x9 Eclipse Point Source 8991
4x6 Eclipse 8462A
Tweeter Eclipse Point Source 8941
Anyone familiar?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just reconed a pair of original 4x6 kick panel speakers
the average 4x6 won't fit properly
I'll post some picks next week when I get back to the ranch
Steve

·
Registered
805 Posts
here's a few pics of the factory speakers I had re-coned

the shallow rear cage depth is important, and the silver attached spacers are actually two different heights, which help hold the speaker and the mesh grilles at the correct height and angle to the kick panel

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice!
Did you guys amp the kick panel speakers or just your rears and sub? Anyone use the kickpanel AND the center dash speaker?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I dont think there is enough room in the kickpanels to use baffles.
They're foam, not rigid. I could probably ball one up and fit it in my mouth. Wait...don't tell my wife that.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Hmm. I saw some on ebay too. Not sure if they were foam though.
If they were XTC, Vertek, or DEI, they are the same type of closed cell compressible foam. They form a moisture proof barrier and help a little with low end response.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts