Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still wondering if anyone could help me out with a simple thing I have no clue about Vaccum Lines what are they AND which ones do i need on my 350 Chevy? :confused:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey man. Do you parachute? hehehe.
Good engine.
You need for booster if it's power brakes and for vacume advance.
Booster is from rear of intake manifold to pinky sized hole in front of booster. If it's manual brakes no need.
Vacume advance is from base of carb probably front right to bottom of distributors round gizmo sticking out with hole in it.
What year car is the engine in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is a 1965 Impala....seriously molested..haha but nothin but fun...Power Steering no power brakes...So alls I need it that Vaccum advance from dist to carb...what about old pieces for vaccum on manifold...plug them?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
what about the trans, is it an auto trans? If so the vacuum modulator needs a line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what I got comprehended here is only Vaccum lines I need are 1) From my Mod. on Automatic transmission.2) vaccum advance on distributor 3)PCV connecting from valve cover to Intake...Another question here could anyone gove advice on Where to connect these...I got 2 barrel rochester..automatic transy..Do I need the vaccum connectors sticking up from the manifold or just plug them and connect all Vaccum to Carb...Any feedback would Be GREAT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Generally your automatic tranny is gonna be full vacuum, your vacuum advance on your distributor is gonna be timed, and pcv will have its own hookup. Generally the PCV will have a larger vacuum port than the rest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So where do I connect these to get good vaccums what does full vaccum mean...I just dont understand the whole Vaccum lines junk..PLease help :confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
On the roch carb the pvc was orginally hooked to the base plate of carb on backside, vacuum adv to the base of carb drivers side front and the trans mod to a fitting on manifold just in front of dist
Full vacuum means it draws full engine vacuum at all times, timed vacuum comes off the carb and will start vacuuum drawing at a set rpm or by how far the throttle plates are open. Put a vacuum gauge on the fittings at carb and see which draws at an idle and which starts to draw as you push the accelerator. Most times any fitting on manifold draws full vacuum. Hope this helps

Clash69

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Clash 69 and everyone else that helps alot..If anyone else has any Info please send it. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts