Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 Camaro 502 ci 625 hp engine, 600 lbs of torque, I want to use the car for weekend driving, for fun.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Really big ones,just kidding,i own a 68.Different wheel well openings etc etc.Maybe ask yourself do i want 15" 16" 17" or 18" rims. Is the car lowered or do you prefer the 70s jacked up in the rear look (the cars).Obviously with that much power you will need a large contact patch with the pavement.maybe a p275-60-15 or a p275-40-18.the back spacing on the rim would be dependant on diameter of the rim you choose to go with.I could go on and on there are so many variables involved,like side wall stiffness etc etc.That it would be better if someone with a 1969 camaro with big --s meats on the back chimed in and shared what worked for them.Hopes that this gets ya started and goodluck.e-mail me if you have any questions i'll be glad to answer them if i can.Madcow Mike......

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I will reccemond The Nitto 555's THe are the best tires I have ever used. I have a buddy with a 600hp mustang and he used a set on the street and man thoes things were like glue on the road. THey are a radial tire and can be had in all sizes and they are priced pretty fairly. Check out their website. http://www.nittotire.com/

This is just a suggestion but I have always liked the look of a 17in tire on a first gen and 275/45/17 will fit under the back with a 9.5 wheel and 5.75 of back spacing. I saw some cars at the last show I was at and man they are impressive. THey look like steam roolers and they tucked up under the wheel wells nicely. Just my 2cents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts