Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is getting closer and closer to getting paint. I want to paint most items body color, for example, the firewall, inner fenders, etc. I assume that the radiator support would look best body color too, but since everything is disassembled now, I don't know what to do with some of the headlight components.

Since I have an RS and the hidden headlights, what is the 'best' looking option for painting the headlamp components, headlight door mechanisms, etc. ? Does the front of the radiator support get painted body color too usually, or does it look better black ? And is it best to paint parts that contact one another or move like the hood hinges and hood latch black ? The color will probably be a candy, so I don't want to paint anything candy that might show scratches, etc.

Thanks for any advise...

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pictures. A few questions:

- What did you paint the front side of your radiator support ? black or body color ? I would think that its visible through the grill and would look best black, but with my car in 1,000 pieces I can't tell.

- Also, are your fender-to-radiator support bars chromed (I can't tell in the picture). I was planning on painting them, but from experience they get dinged and scratched real easy. I'd love to know someone that makes them out of brushed aluminum or stainless.

- And, where did you get that closeup piece to cover the hood latch and catch support...it looks really nice and probably improves airflow a bit ?

Thanks again !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts