Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son bought a '93 RS 6-cyl from a private seller but the tires/rims are too big for the car (rear tires rub, especially with passengers). The seller said shocks were too "soft" for the wheels and provided new shocks (still in the box) when we bought the car. But even with the new shocks it's not right. Can't find anything on tire/wheel specs to know what we need to get. Not looking to impress anyone, (my son can do that when he buys his own wheels!) I just need to know what to put on the car to make it safe. A friend at work said T-series rather than Z-series which makes sense, but it's not much help when trying to research tire companies online. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input, but I'm looking to have the tires/wheels replaced professionally, not by e-bay bidding, or (buyer-beware!) Craig's List.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
Carole - I wasn't pushing the auctions, just showing you what's available out there sticking with stock camaro wheels that will fit your sons early 4th gen. I thought that was what you wanted... From what you are saying now it sounds like you just need to go into the local Wheel Works, Big'O or even Pep Boys tire center and ask for a 16x8 "stock size" wheel and tire and be done with it. You can also try something like this online... http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/wtpack.jsp?camefrom=wtpack&fromIndex=true&isDom=false&index=xx&search=&autoMake=&autoModel=&autoYear=&autoModClar= and put in make, year and model... They will even ship to a local tire store for mounting...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts