Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the car with no motor .put a nice 350 together and don't know wich wires attach to it besides the battery.with the battery and ground wire atatched the ground wire starts melting. i think it might be the new starter . any ideas? 69 camaro

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just went through this on my car. Chances are you did not install the engine ground straps. There are 4 of them for a '69 and you need these in addition to the battery ground cable.

All the suppliers carry the original type kit - you can also pick up generic versions at your local auto parts store. Once these are hooked up you should be fine.

------------------
Scott
'69 400SB, Richmond 5-speed; '99 HD Road King Classic
www.geocities.com/sdenning1

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Hey Rick, I'm not always an "original" type of guy, but, you gotta have the main ground wire from the battery attached to the block. Clean the area first, and use a star washer. On my '68, there is a 10 guage pigtail coming off the bat ground cable that goes to the radiator support. There were originally several small braided ground straps from the engine to the firewall and subframe, mostly for radio noise suppression. For the pos. side, see below, "Camaro wiring" from LDRyan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts