Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing to rewire the entire car. My old harness is so butchered, I'll probably get a complete kit. After a quick browse, I'm a amazed how many companies make these harnesses, which company are you guys using...

Anyway, I'll be doing some research, just curious who you guys are using...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought the American Auto Wire Complete Update Kit 2 weeks ago. In Short it is a most excellent. This is the Part Number, do a Bing search on it. I got it for $100 off MSRP. Part Number 500661

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
^^^^^That!

Very good instructions also. Laid out section by section. Just be sure to get/rent the proper crimping tool and you'll be good to go. I also used the Painless Powerbraid to wrap for a nice clean look. A little planning with the properly sized heat shrink and you can get very nice looking wire looms that you can get into easily in the future without cutting into the wrapping.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/product-line/painless-performance-powerbraid-wire-wrap

Aaron

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep I can personally recommend going with AAW, not saying the others are garbage because I wouldn't know, but AAW was very easy to install with great instructions.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
AAW makes two product lines. Factory Fit is there OEM reproduction line using classic GM connectors and glass fuses in the dash harness and fuse panels. The Classic Update series uses blade style fuses and changes the engine harness options to include wiring for HEI systems, electric choke and single wire or internally regulated alternators.

Several other people redistribute and resell AAW products and you can of course but direct. If you are going the classic update route calling them direct can get you exactly what you need custom for your vehicle.

The AAW harnesses are the most complete and easy to install I have ever used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts