Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to buy a Camaro Pace car. Which car do you think would have more future value, and which is worth more, a 1967 or a 1969? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Supply and demand!

The 69 Pace Car was mass produced when you compare it to the 1967!

Both are great cars, but the 67 has my heart..and wallet:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Calling dr. pacecarjeff :-D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Personally I like the little 67 better because you never see them. But if I was about to drop some serious cash on one and was planning on keeping it for a while. Then I would go with the safer bet of a 69. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i like the 67 also

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
There seems to be alot more 69 Pace cars around than 67's. 69 Camaro's in general are more popular but many people also don't like the orange houndstooth interior on a 69 Pace car. I have owned more 69's than 67's but like the 67 better.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have both 67 & 69 big block Indy pace cars and wish they built a 68 Indy pace car since thats my favorite first gen :) In general a 69 convertible is more valuable than a 67 convertible apples to apples. A 67 pace car is more valuable than a 69 pace car apples to apples. Go figure, I guess in this circumstance the numbers are the factor? Cover the bases and get both.....and a 68 too of course!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rarity is everything. Conceivably a 396ci 375 hp 69 pacer would be worth more than a 67 350. Then there's festival and track cars of both years, condition, options, etc. A highly optioned 69 is my favorite.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I have thought about that for a very long time.
The 67's SHOULD really be worth a whole lot more.

But it also seems that the 69's have a bigger following.
When I really want to make a statement, and be "flashy"
I drive the 69 - those big orange stripes are hard to miss.

When all is said and done the 67's are so very rare,
that I think in the long run they will be worth more. A lot more.
You are talking production of 3475 vs. 200.

Rarity is not always a factor- look at the 69 Z/28's which they made 20,000 examples.
Yet the 68 Z's are not as valuable with a production of less then half.
And the right optioned 1969 Z is closing in on a 67 with only 600 produced.

When I was presented with the same question in the mid 90's - I thought to choose the 67.
However a lot of the general public still likes the styling of the 69 better.

I wanted to add...
You should buy the one that you like the best.
The prices go up and down,
and who knows if they will continue to be worth more in the future.
Look what happened to the Model A's and T's?

For all we know - in 25 years no one will want an "old Camaro" anymore.
They are not particularly fast by todays standards, they don't handle very well,
and they are not very safe either. Terrible gas mileage too.

In the future the next collectors might all just want modified Turbo Supras, and WRX's.

So don't buy a car just for the investment, buy it for the love of the hobby. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I wanted to add...
You should buy the one that you like the best.
The prices go up and down,
and who knows if they will continue to be worth more in the future.
Look what happened to the Model A's and T's?

For all we know - in 25 years no one will want an "old Camaro" anymore.
They are not particularly fast by todays standards, they don't handle very well,
and they are not very safe either. Terrible gas mileage too.

In the future the next collectors might all just want modified Turbo Supras, and WRX's.

So don't buy a car just for the investment, buy it for the love of the hobby. :thumbsup:
:) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Rarity is everything. Conceivably a 396ci 375 hp 69 pacer would be worth more than a 67 350. Then there's festival and track cars of both years, condition, options, etc. A highly optioned 69 is my favorite.
Ramblers and Edsels are rare. :eek:

(sorry, couldn't help myself)
Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, and according to NADA, a 70 Rambler AMX can bring up to $40,000 and a 58 Edsel Citation Convertible could be worth $41,000. This would be the high end for a 69 Camaro.............:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts