Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oportunity to buy one. The guy needed the hub assys and will sell the rest. Was wondering what a fair price would be. TIA

Scott

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Depends on a lot. If it is an original 4:10 with a BE code, it is for a COPO Camaro and worth several thousand. If it is coded for some other ratio and/or application, it is worth $400-500 unrebuilt. If by hubs, you mean axles, it is worth less. (not worthless) you can buy new ones for $125-150/ea. or used ones for $50-75/ea. Seems to me that the axles are the same for 10 bolt and 12 bolt. If that's true, you can buy an entire 10 bolt open carrier for under $50.

if by hubs, you mean backer plate assemblies, email me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The axles are not interchangeable between the 10 & 12 bolt rear ends! You can interchange axles between the 8.2" 10 bolt, and the 8.5" 10 bolt and this is what I think UNREAL was trying to explain. Remember-factory 12 bolt axles are 30 spline, and the 10 bolt rears for our cars use 28 I think..

If the guy wants $500 or less, take it! Just make sure that it really is intended for use in a Camaro. Does it have multi-leaf perches? Did you measure the distance between the leaf spring perches? Does it have the brake backing plates and all brake parts? Does it have a yoke on it?
Since the axles are out, I will assume the rear cover is off, did you check and verify that it is a posi? What series is the posi carrier that is in it? Is there a ring gear spacer between the ring gear and the carrier? Lot's of questions I know but you need to know what you are getting for your money.. Parts for 12 bolts are not cheap if you have to purchase them separately.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just sold one complete with drums for $600.00.It needed rebuilt and the guy that bought it was happy to get it even in the condition it was in.I here they are getting scarce on the swap meet circuit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts