Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone name a GOO source fior engine performance parts? Im building my big block from scratch. Block is machined and waiting for pistons so the rotating assembly can be balanced. I was waiting for an Edelbrock kit to become available but I m going to look elsewhere. Besides my ship date getting moved 2 more additional months from the remaing month I had left, and calling out tech support of non fitment parts they knew nothing about. Im done with them.
I have looked at Scoggins-Dickies and Ed Rinke but can anyone make any recommendations? I dont mind going with Botie or GM Performance parts. Besides after talking to them they know what they鈥檙e talking about and parts are in stock. 馃

Premium Member
Summit Racing will price match any part you find cheaper and they have free same day shipping on orders over $100. I have bought several engine components from them and l have been Very satisfied with their service.

Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
Discussion Starter #4
Summit Racing will price match any part you find cheaper and they have free same day shipping on orders over $100. I have bought several engine components from them and l have been Very satisfied with their service.
Agreed. They are my go-to source, but right now almost everything engine component related is back ordered. Edelbrock stuff is on national b/o because they are moving from Ca to MS. and their ship dates keep moving out months at a time. One guy somewhere on a forum ordered an Edelbrock part last August, and hes still waiting.

Have you asked your machine shop ? Most machine shops can get you almost anything you need. I can usually come very close to if not better than the online places and still make a few dollars. Ask them, you might be surprised. Buy everything you need at one time in a kit and it will usually save you at least 20% over buying stuff one at a time.

I will say that a lot of parts have been back ordered for some time lately :(

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. He said he cant compete with online buying. I am thinking he may be getting clos to retirement and doesnt want to do anything but labor..I will call him tomorrow and tell him the pistons/rings are 2-3 weeks out. Ill see if he can get them locally.

My long time machine shop states he buys from summit because is cheaper than buying through his channels.

Registered
Summit is very good, Jegs is another good option

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Agree with both places but no one has any of the parts I need. Like the performance industry died on the vine overnight

Registered
Edelbrock is dog **** go with anyone else. I'll never own another edelbrock product. I have proflo 3 on my car... Works okay BUT they completely dropped support for it after 3 years of ownership... I can't even download the app now... F*** edelbrock. Stick to ANYONE else.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
Update, I found almost everything I need on a GM performance site. Punched in all the numbers on Jegs' site and low and behold they were in stock. Will be here Saturday.
Only things I dont have are the heads, cam and intake.
I found these GM heads but unsure if they are the right one yet. 19418909 they have a lot of similar specs as the Edelbrock, so once I can get a confirmation from someone at a GM place I will order. I will call Comp Cams today hopefully and find something compatible. As far as the intake Im told Air gap is the best street car intake, so if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears, otherwise I may have to just reinstall the performer 2.0 with q jet and adapter until they become available :(
Getting there slowly but surely. Pistons will be here tomorrow, so thats all that is needed for machinist to finish his part. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts