1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--350 9.5:1
--MSD 6al
--MSD dist
This is the plug I'm using. AC Delco R45TS plug.

Right now there set at .038- .040

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I just dealt with this same question. MSD recommends .050 to .060 for compressions up to 10.5:1. I set mine at .050 to be on the safe side. They say it's only a starting point and there isn't a one size fits all with this. You will just have to mess around with the performace and what the plugs look like when checked. I heard once that the larger the gap, the harder it is on the system, but I'm not sure. You are using all MSD you I think you will be fine. They aren't a johnny come lately company.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I just dealt with this same question. MSD recommends .050 to .060 for compressions up to 10.5:1. I set mine at .050 to be on the safe side. They say it's only a starting point and there isn't a one size fits all with this. You will just have to mess around with the performace and what the plugs look like when checked. I heard once that the larger the gap, the harder it is on the system, but I'm not sure. You are using all MSD you I think you will be fine. They aren't a johnny come lately company.
Well, I remember their FIRST product. Or attempt at a product. They were a 'start-up' with the name of Autotronics. They were developing a vibrating (piezoelectric) plate that would sit under the fuel stream as it was metered from some sort of injector. The whole thing sat were a carb would. Hotrod ran a story about them around 1972-3ish. I really wanted that system but all they would sell was their next product; a multiple spark discharge spark amplifier.:( Johnny come lately huh? Wonder what that makes me?;)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
You have given me some good advice over my time on team camaro.......so that makes you a goto guy!!!

You can even listen to how some of your advise, along with a lot of others, has paid off. I finally got my 460 fired last weekend. Check out my home made hill-billy engine stand. Many adjustments to and dialing in to come.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o182/agentjdub/?action=view&current=460BBC.flv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts