Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order a firewall to booster seal. I'm looking in the classic muscle catalog. They show two parts - a Delco-Moraine only, and a universal. The delco morain seal looks like a fat plastic bellows. The universal looks like a rubber top-hat. Of course these are pencil sketches I'm looking at.

My problem is, I don't know what I've got for a booster. I think it might be a delco moraine. The booster piston extends from the booster about 1/2" with a wad of foam inside and a felt washer on the push-rod. The piston is roughly 1 1/8" in diameter. (Dimensions are from memory). The piston will penetrate the firewall opening an 1/8" or so.

From that description, can anyone tell me what I have?

-dnult

·
10,153 Posts
Disc brake Camaros used the Delco Moraine boosters.
They usually are stamped "Delco Morane" on the front of the booster just below the vaccum hose, or on the opposite side, sometimes it's stamped upside down.

Anyway, Id' go for the Delco Morane version. Camaros used an angle bracket bolted to the booster, so need a longer sealing tube than some larger passenger cars that didn't use the added bracket.
David

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, that helps Dave. I don't know if you remember, but I'm the guy that remanufactured that angle braket to fit straight. As a result, the seal mill have to be a tad shorter than before. But from the looks of the images / drawings I've seen, it looks like the moraine seal can do the job. I wasn't sure about the 'universal' type.

-dnult

1 - 4 of 4 Posts