Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is supposed to have the fold-down rear seat but, like everything else, it did not have it when I got the car. The metal behind the seat looks like it has been cut somewhat because it is not symmetrical so I am wondering if anyone has a picture or can describe what it is supposed to look like behind the seat backing.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
A divider board covers the metal structure. If you do a search for "fold down seat" there are lots of threads, some with photos.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great - thanks. I have a coupe and the dork that had the car before me cut out all of the metal between the seat and the trunk (see pic. I noticed that ground up has a seat divider but the picture is of the convertibl eone. Does anyone know of a more correct divider that you can buy? I just got back from the body guy and he was asking whta I want to do about it.

:sad:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Bill I think you may have to find a donor car to pull the pieces from. Maybe you should put a "wanted" ad in the classified section. I'm sure there are guys out there that have parts cars with these still attached. This is not a common "needed" item!

Ed

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also the stud on the folddown floor bracket is broken off. you need to replace the stud in order to mount the hinge.
Good eyes! Yep that's one of the many things. I found the backing plate but I wanted to get the package tray replaced too - now THAT is a really tough part to find!

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I see the guy did a hack job on the speaker holes, too. That area is a structural part of the unibody, so you definately want to replace it. Look for a donor...that bracing is almost always in good shape, so finding one should not be a problem. Since the lower part of your shelf is missing, you might try to get the shelf and bracing at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts