Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy getting up every morning and browsing through all the new camaro ads, however i cant help but notice the ever increasing amount of,chevelles,gto,firebirds,novas etc...that are being advertised here,everything has its place but its just not here, there are a hundred different sites to advertise these cars on some probably exclusive to that car. I know admin does its best to keep these ads out, i can understand if someone is trying to trade there elcamino for a camaro (yeah like thats a good trade) but all i am saying is lets keep it real, and use the site for its intended purpose which is the chevy camaro exclusively regards tom

·
Retired
26,594 Posts
Hi Tom - what you may not have noticed is the Classifieds have catagories like;
</font>
  • Non Camaro Cars, Trucks, Bikes, etc</font>
  • Trades Looking for Camaro trades</font>
  • Services Repair, transporting, inspection</font>
If you use the default "All Categories" you will end up seeing them mixed in with Camaro ads and sorted by date. I think the idea was to help keep misc ads and trades seperate from the Camaro ads as well as it provides TC regulars a little extra.

The way I use the ads, I select the year I'm intrerested in for car or for parts, then come back and go to the next year... In the long run the refined display makes it faster to see something new added or find an ad I was looking at before...

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
They get moved but it depends on how busy I am.

The database has to be downloaded/edited by hand and then uploaded again. Kinda messy and usually only done on weekends. I had to work last weekend so it got bypassed.

We are getting a new classifieds program before spring. It allows easy moving and better control/features etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys do a wonderful job and we should all be indebted to you for even having a website like this for us to use thanks again for the hardwork regards tom

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
I moved quite a number of them into the appropriate categories tonight so it's back to normal - for a day or two. :D

We never used to have a category for Trades or Non Camaro but that was even worse as the ads still got posted -- but then they were ALL in the camaro categories.

thanks for the kind comments.
Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts