Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 Camaro. Just put in a new motor. I have sportsman 2 heads, 286 comp. Magnum, TRW flat tops, dual plane intake, headers that are 1 5/8, and 4.10 gears. I have a q-jet on their now and it runs good. But I was woundering what you thought of if and if you had any suggestions for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Look at the new Holley Avenger series. I talked to a tech and he reccommended the 670cfm for me. Check them out. I have heard alot of good about them. http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSC/0-80670.html

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Speed Demon 750, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker

·
Registered
251 Posts
TPI or even TBI. Think about it you could get a dual 4 tbi off somethin like a 82-86 firebird/camaro for about $250 for everything. That's as much as a decent carb maybe a little more once you do a couple upgrades but well worth it IMHO.

Oh yeah I was quoted that $250 for a dual 4 tbi from a junkyard off a firebird. It was still on the car too. TPI costs about $400-500 for complete set-up, just make sure you get the wiring, fuel pump/regulator, computer and sensors, air filter assembly, etc. Maybe even the serpentine pulleys for an extra $50-100 then you'd just need a quality water pump (about $100) if it's reverse flow don't buy china made crap though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a complete crossfire injection off an '82 Z28 if your interested. But personally I would be scared that a stock TBI or even a TPI wouldn't be able to feed that motor like it's built.At least without quite a few mods, not to mention hooking up the computer. Just my $.02 tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts