Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
In that area, generally gorgeous :thumbsup: I've been there probably a dozen times during the summer and when it is 100*+ with nasty humidity in Oklahoma, and it is a lot drier, and always seems to be in the low-mid 80's when we've been there. And when they do get some rain in the summer time, the smell of the sage is simply awesome! The last time we was there was 3-4 years ago when they was going thru a horrendous drought. It was mid-upper 80's around Colorado Springs...then we went up on Loveland pass (14,000+ feet) and it was 37* and spitting ice pellets :eek:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Joe if you havent been there GO! its nothing like up state N.Y. No beach but you need sun block, Days are hot and dry nites are cool morning get cold.
You have to see it, its easy to speed two weeks in yellowstone alone. ( I know that wyo.) Its a have to go kinda place. Funny thing you may feel the need to ride a mustang when you get there haha.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
vacation Joe or a move? I have 2 sisters out there. One in Littleton and one an hour east of the airport in the rolling hills. Littleton sis loves it there, no real extremes that last long. When we were there in Aug. 2 years ago, it was gorgeous. VERY DRY... you will chap your lips and get nose dry at night unless you use a mister to add moisture. Us humid area folks need to adapt to that dry air. No bugs, amazing to me. Temps in Aug. were 80 85 day time and 65 at night. I Loved it there visiting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
you'll love it but your sinuses will dry out and you’ll get sun burnt easy, so be ready for those minor inconveniences. Other than that its awesome over there. Try to jet over to ft. Collins it’s a really nice little town that’s about 50 mins away

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Joe, we have been in a long drought as travis mentioned, but we had more snow than normal this winter, so things are looking up.

During the summer, we do get hot spells once in a while, but anything in the high 90's is somewhat unusual.

We are over a mile closer to the sun which does make a difference....sunburns can happen quickly because of the thinner atmopsphere too.

Some evenings it doesn't cool down all that much, so midnight walks in shorts aren't uncommon.

Before the drought, it would rain every afternoon after about 3 pm. Hopefully, that will return. Street flooding has been a problem in the past though.

The thing we have to watch out for are the dreaded hail storms! When I drive to shows I take a padded car cover to help a little should I get caught out in one.

One year we had baseball sized hail stones that just beat the heck out of everything.

Oh yeah, we have tornadoes here too!

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrighty then.... I guess I know what to expect! :thumbsup:

I love the heat... any time of day or night. If it were in the 80's year 'round here, I'd be a happy camper.
The altitude is one of the reasons I'm asking.... we're doing some training there to get our pilots higher altitude seat time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts