Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 88 camaro V6 2.8 liter-- Under the plenum just behind the throttle body, there's a black cylinder with an indention on top and a vaccuum line plugged into it. This cylinder is attached to a plate with allan screws. It looks kinda like a spray paint can top. It can't be a fuel pressure regulator, can it? I called GM parts and they said the 2.8 liter engine doesn't have a pressure regulator. Plus the fuel rail goes uninterrupted from the in line filter, all the way to the schrader valve.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
egr valve?

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check your e-mail joel007, I have just sent you a couple of pictures from the service manual. Take a look at them and see if this is what you are talking about.

The Trickster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
10,147 Posts
Sounds like a pressure regulator to me.
I've never heard of a fuel injected engine that doesn't have a fuel pressure regulator.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 Origonal owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've never seen a fuel injected car without a pressure regulator. All the GM multiport systems I have ever looked at had it built into the fuel rail. Normally a can looking device with a vac line on it.

Now if it were a chrysler product, they have been putting those on the fuel tank module. Fuel tank module, another way of saying it costs toooooo much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts