Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on getting dash gauge carrier put in and saw this stray wire, I looked in AIM's wiring diagram and can not figure out what it plugs into or what it is for.

Anyone know? It looks to come from same part of loom where guage harness comes from and is about the same length.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Hard to tell from the color, but may be a lead for courtesy lights.
If so, it is always hot. Courtesy lights switch on and off with grounds.

·
Retired
16,014 Posts
Yellow wire...might be for low fuel warning light that was optional in console package.

·
Registered
922 Posts
According to the 68 electrical schematic, it should plug into the heater control switch which ultimately runs to the resistor bank.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's orange.

My car did not have courtesy lights, I did buy the a new rear harness set up for them and did add them though, so pretty sure not courtesy lights.

My car is original center guage car and has harness that goes to console, did not see low fuel sensor anywhere on the harness though, so it's possible.

Vette Freak, I did see that in the diagram too, but though there was more wires that went to the back of the controls (thought like a 3 plug harness), also doesn't seem long enough to reach controls or routed in that direction, seems to route right behind dash console. (Doesn't mean someone didn't stuff it up there years ago, but when I pull it does not seem to give me anymore wire.)

Was just gonna tie it off and put console back in, but don't wanna do that if it is a need lead, getting that dash in and out is a bear.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bingo Jim, ya got it, it would indeed be for the clock, I did not know it was powered seperatly from the main dash harness. :eek:

Thanks!!! :beers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts