Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I used to use Performance Automotive Warehouse for a lot of engine related items but I tried to contact them about a catalogue or website with actual products and I keep getting the same old thing - We ran out of catalogues 5 months ago, won't have new ones until April and have no website to order off of. How do these guys stay in business!

I have decided to boycott these guys. I figure if they are too dumb to acually enable people to buy products from them, they can't possibly be expected to deliver the right part in a timely manner.

Has anyone else had any experience with these guys?

Bill

·
Registered
406 Posts
I used to do businuess with these guys back in the late 80's.they sent me an order that was missing parts and drug their feet for 3 months
correction the issue.then I ordered a crankshaft that wasnt to spec and needed reground,that was supposedly" good to go". I gave up on them long ago...

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I used to use the exclusively never had an issue with them. Their catalog is not the greatest. I would order from them again I just do most of my mail order business with Summit, I actually get the parts the next day if they are in the Sparks, NV wharehouse.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
They did have a real good shop that manufactured all of their engine kit parts. Don't know if it is still open.
I don't even see their magazine ads anymore?
Without a workable website they will never complete with Jegs and Summit. Their phone book size catalog cost would be better spent on a website catalog with order capability.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i used to love flipping thru their catalog looking at all the oddball stroker combos they had.
i think they were selling kits to stroke a Ford 351W out to a 427 back in the late 80's.
plus, they used to be the best catalog to look at all the cool blower combos.
but they didn't really keep up with the whole "internet" thing, and i haven't seen one of their catalogs for about 10 years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I must have spent about 10 grand with PAW over the years but now that I think about it, I got everything for my last motor from Jeggs and Summit. The reason is that PAW is too tight with thier catalogs, Summit and Jeggs send me one every month! PAW does have a web site....www.pawengineparts.com, but I have not used that site in a while.:beers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
WOW i thought it was just me that was disapointed and noticed something was wrong with them! I resently tried to order parts from them to put my 32, 5 window back on the strip but they stopped selling Total Seal Gapless rings and other stuff so I stopped using them and switched to Doug Herburt, it was a good move.

WOW WHAT A GREAT SIGHT!!!!! :hurray: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
WOW WHAT A GREAT SIGHT!!!!!
yeah, that's what i'd say if i was able to look out the window and see a 5 window deuce like you can..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, Lance, customer service was never very good, I had to beg for a current catalog a few years ago, and that was while placing a 500.00 order! :beers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts