Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in the process of pulling my ls1 and t56 from my 99 SS. Basically its being sacrificed to the car gods for my new project, a 67 rs ss. Ive been out of the loop for a bit and am wondering what is worth saving from the car. I'm assuming SS hood, spoiler and t-tops, anything besides that? Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Back caliper brackets with the emergency brake parts for a rear LS1 disc swap, interior seats and maybe other parts in case you want to add some comfortable seats, console?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good idea i do remember seeing some 4th gen camaro brake conversion i will look into that, the hood t tops etc i will just be pulling to sell obviously not reuse i worded it poorly. I would consider saving the seats but my 99 has beige leather so it would have to be died or recovered.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
93-97 guys like to buy the whole front clip to convert to the later front. All sorts of interior parts have value. Hell, i've seen guys buy all the top related parts to convert hardtops to t tops. Apparently you can do that with those.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
my mother had a 98 ss Camaro bought new. The rear end went out under warranty. Guessing they aren't that tough but would be easy to sell to a fourth gen guy. An interesting note on her car. She bought life time oil changes with her car. She dropped it off for an oil change and they called her from the dealership with some bad news. There was a big metal part in her oil pan they thought was a rod cap. Still under warranty they pulled the engine. It was a rod cap but was an extra. Don't be surprised when you pull the pan.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the info guys... I wouldn't have thought that ugly hunk of plastic console was worth saving. Not sure I would want to install it in my 67 considering i have an original console, but i will pull it either way.

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
...It was a rod cap but was an extra. Don't be surprised when you pull the pan.
GM was great in the 90's, weren't they?

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Thanks again for the info guys... I wouldn't have thought that ugly hunk of plastic console was worth saving. Not sure I would want to install it in my 67 considering i have an original console, but i will pull it either way.
People use them as a base for custom center consoles all the time. It comes out rather nice in a first gen with a little work.

If I were you I'd save that, the seats, rear end, engine, trans, and anything else you can think of that'll swap into the first gen for a full resto-mod build.

If you don't do it someone else will be glad to have those parts as a package even if they're tan.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey guys I'm in the process of pulling my ls1 and t56 from my 99 SS. Basically its being sacrificed to the car gods for my new project, a 67 rs ss. Ive been out of the loop for a bit and am wondering what is worth saving from the car. I'm assuming SS hood, spoiler and t-tops, anything besides that? Thanks
You wouldn't happen to have the SLP grill on that would you?

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
It's not for everyone, but if your interior isn't original it's a nice alternative. With a little work they can look half decent. Here's mine.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not for everyone, but if your interior isn't original it's a nice alternative. With a little work they can look half decent. Here's mine.
Nice job making that work, looks much better than it did in my head.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts

Looks great! I had to cut mine significantly on the sides to get the stock seats to fold up. I still need to cut them more to be perfect but since the back seat is rarely used I let it ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts