Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project 69 Camaro RS

Looking for opinions. I am planning to use Raceline RL-239 GT wheels with the knock-offs and Falken RT-615s. What are your thoughts on these wheels and tires? And what sizes will work with an 18x8 wheel, or do I go 18x9 for the rear? According to Drverzinc from eBay a 245/45/18 front and 275/40/18 will fit on the 69, but of course these tires don't come in 275/40 and 245/45, just 275/35 and 245/40. I am concerned with wheel weight too, does anyone know the weight of these wheels or have lightweight/cool suggestions? Thanks :D

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,188 Posts
Oooo... I really like the second wheel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet :D

I have been looking at them through this link:
http://www.performanceplustire.com/...RO/applicationID/9451/wheelSize/18#prodAnchor

Just wish I could find data on their weight somewhere. I was originally going to get the Foose Legends, but when I asked about widths and offset I was informed they were too heavy and that it would negate my suspension and brake upgrades. Wheels and tires are so hard to pick! Choose right and the car looks stellar, choose wrong and you'll know it!

I've read that despite the look of the tread on this tire that it still handles very well. Of course the track was wet, not talking about standing water. And honestly the only time this car will see rain is by accident.

Looking for wheel and tire combo opinions. Either "go for the one's you listed" or "go for these ___" :)

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics of the selection with a freshly painted Camaro in a couple months. If I can get my bro-in-law to finish the paint.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I do not think that a 245/45 front will work, should go with a 245/40 front, that's what I use and it fits. I am 2" lower in front and with a 5" backspace on the front also

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys! The Falken RT615s only come in 245/40 anyway so that works. The fitment sites had me worried suggesting a 225/45 tire. The 225 is more expensive than the 245 lol so it makes sense to go wider and shorter as long as it fits. I'll take your word on that :thumbsup:

Anyone have a reason I shouldn't get the Falken's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts