• Budnik Anvil5

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would your wheel choice be between these 4 wheels under a SBC 69 RS/SS Camaro coupe with Hotchkis lowering leafs and springs. No tubs.
Car to be painted either black or a dark candy apple red. Still in debate with the family.
Front: 17x8 (4.75" backspacing) Nitto 555's 235/45-17
Back: 17x9.5 (5.5" backspacing) Nitto 555's 255/45-17
At first while I am in the build after several years, I was only interested in the Torque Thrust II's
My 2 boys 8 & 6, vote for the Billet Specialties Street Star's.
My Wife Votes for the Budnik Anvil5's.
I'm leaning towards the Budnik Fontana's but also really like the Anvil5's.
What do you think folks?
Torque Thrust II
Billet Specialties Street Star
Budnik Fontaina
Budnil Anvil5

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I voted for Torque Thrust II

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!
You guys are surprising me.
Seems the TTII's are still a popular flavor.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I always ask what "look" are you after? If you don't want an "old school" look than I don't think you can go wrong with the Budnik Fontanas. For a billet wheel the design is timeless and they won't look "dated" a couple of years from now. If you have to have the TTIIs then also consider www.vintagewheelworks.com or www.team3wheels.com . They both offer a traditional "old school" 5 spoke and VWW evens offers 2 different spoke designs.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If your going to include the TT2's you may as well include the Boyd Coddington smoothie 2, they are basically a torque thrust just with more style and no ugly lips.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
As popular as TTII's are, to me i would only put a set of those on a car if I was going to flip it. Goal is to make your car stand out from a crowd, not blend in IMO.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Anything but TTII's, they are way to common and played out IMO. Of these choices, I would go with the Budnik Fontana! I had them on a previous car and liked them myself.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like the Budnik Fontaina's.
DITTO...... THESE ARE SWEET
And come on guys are there not enough torque trusts out there running around wow with all the wheels to choose from people are still running these you cant throw a cat and not hit a set Damn already!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
DITTO...... THESE ARE SWEET
And come on guys are there not enough torque trusts out there running around wow with all the wheels to choose from people are still running these you cant throw a cat and not hit a set Damn already!
I agree, but I just really didn't like the other choices that much. There are tons of other wheels that look good, and won't just blend into the crowd.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
Not a lot of different choices there... so I have to go with TT2's

1 - 20 of 30 Posts