Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 1979 camaro z28, does anybody know whats the biggest rim and tire size I can go with? I have a stock rear in there. I want to drag strip my car. I would like to put Mickey ET on them. Please let me know rim & tire size. Oh I like to go with a 15" rim. Thanks jim

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had 15" rims with N 50s on the back. I had to keep my air shocks maxed out though and sometimes the quarters still came down on them.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If it sits low,a ture 10.5x28 is about as big a slick as you can get.In an E.T. street that would be a 12.5x28.On a 15x8 rim you would need 4" of backspacing with a stock rear.I run a 11.5x30 and 12.0x29 slcks on 10" rims and I hammered the seatbelt hump at the front of the inner wheelhouse and rolled the lip up on the quarter,and the car sits kinda high.

·
Registered
32 Posts

29.5 10.5 on 8" with 4 1/2" b.s. fits well with a little "massaging"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you give me reg sizes like 255/60 r15. I like to put the tires and rims on without having to do anything to the car but the biggest. I also like to know if you can give me a good size to put on the front. This car is a show car and ride on the street, but a weekend track car. I like your set up in the picture. I want to go with a Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial. Any help is great. I dont know anything about the backspacing and offset so if you give me the whole numbers and size that would make my life so much easyer. Thanks for your help and time everybody

·
Registered
32 Posts
275-60s are most likely the best bet if you dont want to modify the car in any way, 8" wheel with a 4 1/2" back space....
With slight modification to the lips and maybe pounding in the seat belt humps you can fit 295-65s on the same wheel.....
I am not positive the 79 tubs are the same as my 70, but they are close if not the same.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everthing badblack z, Ill let u know how it turned out. Working on subframs and i have to sell my foose wheels first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What size do u have on the front?. What do you think I should go for in the front, remember I'm driving it around at shows and tracking it. Give me tire size and wheel size. Thanks alot

·
Registered
81 Posts
275-60s are most likely the best bet if you dont want to modify the car in any way, 8" wheel with a 4 1/2" back space....
With slight modification to the lips and maybe pounding in the seat belt humps you can fit 295-65s on the same wheel.....
I am not positive the 79 tubs are the same as my 70, but they are close if not the same.....
What size wheel is this combination for? I can't remember if my '75 has 14" or 15". They're stock rally wheels whatever they are. Dang it's hard to get those size aftermarket wheels anymore locally. Everyone stocks the 17's and up :boring:
I'm too old school for that! (well maybe just too old..)

Jeff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What size do u have on the front?. What do you think I should go for in the front, remember I'm driving it around at shows and tracking it. Give me tire size and wheel size. Thanks alot
BFG 215-65 on 6"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They don't have 6" rim. It's either 5 our 7 inch rim. So what size and should I stick with the same size tire 215x65?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts