Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of "NOS" wheel well moldings for a premium price and I gotta tell ya, Im really disappointed. These things have lots of dings, scratches, and dents. Anyone had any luck making these things look good again? thanks, Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
That sucks...return them or have them make good on them.

Havent used him yet but heard good things. Pick his brain. He sells stainless trim on ebay too. Heres his info from an ebay auction he had posted :

D & T Metal Polishing Services

5748 Birch Dr

Caseville, MI 48725

Cell 989-551-1520

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give him a call if I can't get these looking like new myself. I was hoping that others on here had got a scuffed up set of new ones or refurbished some used ones.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I just saw a set go on ebay for $500. You can still get 2 of them from GM for $50 ea. Unfortunately they stick it to you for the other 2.

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
I am pretty sure they are anodized. They would have to redone if the are polished to look right and not corrode.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's just great, anodized aluminum. I could end up with an a world record amount for these moldings before this fiasco is over. I WISH I had paid $500 bucks for these...:mad: Burned on ebay again:clonk: Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
How about returning them? Was there any clarification hiow nice they were?

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can open a dispute eon eBay.
I can tell you it works.
Last year I bought a 67 "NOS" tail panel. When I receive it, it was a cheap repop. I open a dispute. The seller never answered and eBay returned my money back less 25 bucks.

Good luck

David

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did pay with paypal. Im going to send a message to the seller and voice my dissatisfaction and see what happens. I just couldn't believe that they were in such bad condition. They did have the old paper wrappers but all had been opened. These look like they have been on a car before in some ways. I would really like to send them back and try again. It couldn't be much worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts