Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Some of the post on wheel sizes have me confused. Can anyone tell me what the biggest tire I can get on a 17x8 TT II 4 3/4bs? I wanted a 255/45/17, but I see everyone has a custom 17x9.5. Is the 17x8 too narrow for this tire? I wanted 235/45/17's up front and slightly wider in the back. Can someone please advise so I can order accordingly?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! That's what I was hoping. I have a price quote for 4 17x8's w/ tires from a local dealer and was dreading going back to haggle again. Thanks Jim.

·
Retired
26,644 Posts
Go to www.tirerack.com/tires and look up any tire size you want, then look up the "spec's" on them. I just did for a 255/45x17 and it is designed to fit properly on 8" to 9.5" wheels. From there I punched in a 255/60x15 and it will fit safely on 6.5" to 10" wheels. All that sidewall allows the width difference.

You will get a more agressive look on a wider wheel with the same tire. My friend and I were just comparing, he has 17x8's with 255/45s and I have 17x9.5's with 255/45s. His look taller and not as wide which is true but not by as much as it appears. To see them side by side you would never guess they were the same size tires...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dennis. Slightly aggressive is alot better than the ones that are on there now! I haggled a really good deal with the 17x8's and BFG Sport's and I'm sure the guy would see dollar signs if I even mentioned custom order. Thanks for putting me a ease guys. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts