Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
From CNN:

St. James Davis had severe facial injuries and would require extensive surgery in an attempt to reattach his nose, Dr. Maureen Martin of Kern Medical Center told KGET-TV of Bakersfield. His testicles and a foot also were severed, Kern County Sheriff's Cmdr. Hal Chealander told The Bakersfield Californian

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Man, they bring the friggin' monkey a cake for his birthday, and the guy ends up losing a foot, both nuts and his entire face??? Sheez, talk about an irate primate! Just goes to show you, it's very dangerous to have this kind of "exotic" pet anymore. That's it, Donkey's going back to the farm tomorrow, he's officially kicked out of me swamp!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Mike,
Once in a while, I like to check the safety database at work. I can look up accidents to employees from all over the world. I remember reading about several animal attacks: dogs, cats, snakes, you name it! I think the worst one was when a cow decided to stampede the owner and he got trampled real bad (broken bones). I hear pit bulls can do a number on ya too...

Dano

·
Registered
532 Posts
When animals attack.... Just run the other way.

·
20,650 Posts
And I thought the monkeys/chimps throwing fesses<sp> was bad.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
"They brought the chimp from Africa decades ago after a poacher killed his mother."

This chimp has obviously had mental problems since childhood. It was only a matter of time till he snapped.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Joe,
The chimp they brought from Africa was NOT the one that attacked him. The one they brought over is the 39 year old one and it was his birthday (the chimp) which is why they were there visiting. The two that attacked him were young chimps (16 and 13 if I remember right). Both were male, in total 4 escaped two males and two females, the two males were shot and killed. The 39 year old chimp never escaped or hurt the man. When he was young he bit the mans wife and that's why he is now in the care of this refuge, they got busted for having him and had to give him up.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Originally posted by camaroman7d:
Joe,
The chimp they brought from Africa was NOT the one that attacked him. The one they brought over is the 39 year old one and it was his birthday (the chimp) which is why they were there visiting. The two that attacked him were young chimps (16 and 13 if I remember right). Both were male, in total 4 escaped two males and two females, the two males were shot and killed. The 39 year old chimp never escaped or hurt the man. When he was young he bit the mans wife and that's why he is now in the care of this refuge, they got busted for having him and had to give him up.
Ohhhhh, I lost track of which chimp/monkey was which reading that article. Well anyway when I see an animal attacking I use the same strategy I use when the wife comes screaming and clawing.

RUN AND HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I recall the wife saying he was "just trying to reason with them" while they had him for lunch.

I wasn't aware you could reason with a chimp.
Yeah they're smart and all, but reason with them? Fight back, kicka$$, or run away.

You think he'll have another "face off" with another one?

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Tom, LOL (face off), I'm not sure about the whole reasoning thing, I would have to try to "convince" the chimps that whipping me wouldn't be a good idea.

Joe, I understand there were too many monkeys to keep track of. I'm with you on the run and hide thing.

When I originally heard about this and read the article, I was thinking fighting two chimps couldn't be too bad but, after seeing the damage they did to this poor guy, I want no parts of a chimp. You would think you could knock them out but, I bet they are fast and obviously they bite hard. The problem is they are probably faster than us too.

·
Registered
821 Posts
LMAO you guys never heard (Monkey see Monkey do) Nooooooooo Face off thanks.just play dead with your A$$ facing the ground......you never know them little bastards, and if he bits you.you bit the F$#@@#% back harder.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Note to self: "Mark off any primates from the 'possible future pet list'" Good googely, a chimp tore off his jewels, not cool. I always heard about the monkeys (or whatever they are) in Vietnam ripping off peoples arms and beating them with it. All the more reason for chimps to stay in school. Seriously though, that would be horrific to see that and be pretty much helpless. I cant imagine.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I remember seeing on Animal Planet or National Geographic that a Chimp can possess close to the strength of 5 full grown men and should not be underestimated as they are very Agressive at times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts