Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at my pretty fuel line from pump to carb. I know it's a fire hazard (from this site) and want to replace it but also make it look good. I searched summit, jegs, e bay etc and cannot find a pre bent line for this application. Anyone know where to get one? Also, how do I keep a fuel filter there, keep using a small section of rubber hose running into the carb? Or is there a kit along with the pre bent tubing I can get to have a filter? I don't want to use the braided line stuff I've seen advertised. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
you can buy the line in length form from any parts store, and with a hand bender, or spring and a little time, you can make the line yourself...as for the filter, if you put the line low to the intake, i wouldnt see a problem using short lengths of fuel line to keep the filter there...keep in mind that some of the new fuels(here in ct, they cut with ethanol) eat older fuel line not designed for the additaves...get new line from a parts store...i`ve even had some hassle with that, so check the rubber periodically also...

·
Super Moderator
32,523 Posts
Unfortunately as kustom suggests, you will have to make your fuel line as Carter AFB's & Edelbrocks did not come as OE equipment, so there will not be an OE line.

You probably can get a braided line with AN fittings for both ends from Summit Racing and custom make it yourself to fit the length. However, you might have to buy additional straight AN fittings and an AN fitted filter to install in the line to get away from rubber hose and clamps.

Does look pretty though.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
62-64 Impala's with 300hp 327's had AFB carburetors. Your Edelbrock carb is based on the Carter AFB and the fuel lines for the Impala could work. I am not certain it will fit and I recommend you research it before you lay down your cash.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
It ain't cheap, but Edelbrock does make a proper fuel line kit.
Part# 8131 or 8134 gets you a short polished SS hard line that attaches to the carb with an included banjo fitting, and a filter. # 8123 gets you a premade braided line from the filter to the pump.

NOTE: CANNOT use stock pump! Must use aftermarket pump with 3/8" npt outlet.

Here's a link to Edelbrock's page on this stuff, which is all available from Summit: http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/access_fuel_filter.shtml

A few years ago, another member and I did this together, after my rubber line blew coming out of the parking lot due to the way it got pinched between the carb and the air filter. The setup cost a freeking fortune, over two hundred clams total including the new fuel pump. Worth it tho. Here's pics:

·
3,405 Posts
Tom,
Some of the later Mercruiser carbureted engines, right before they went to EFI, used the Edelbrock carbs. I am not sure if they used a block mounted fuel pump though. Some of them had belt driven mechanical pumps. See if there is a good Mercruiser dealer near you that can look in the parts books for you. They all used hard lines.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, thanks for the suggestions, I will look into all of them. I hope to be done with the underhood in the next month or 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts