Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming from a 67' Mustang and know the strengths and weaknesses of most of the parts places, Camaros are new to me and so are the parts suppliers.

Who do you guys use?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can take my opinion with a grain of salt as I am also pretty new in the Camaro world, but I go with Heartbeat City. In my opinion they have some pretty decent prices, at least compared to some of the other parts warehouses, but their customer service has been super good. They are pretty easy to deal with and are super accommodating if something goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
To add to the others,
Matts Classic Bowties link
Heck, Summit carry's lots of Camaro stuff also.
Sometimes you can find parts a few bucks cheaper at the other Camaro places listed above, But Heartbeat has a very good inventory of all the OEM type stuff.

·
Registered
1969 Z28 Camaro X33 Tuxedo Black
92 Posts
I pretty much buy exclusively from Camaro Central. Competitive pricing and reasonable shipping unlike Rick's who will price an item a few pennies lower but kill you on the shipping. Never had any problems with CC.

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
I check Jegs and Summit for price but if not there I go through D & R.

D&R Classic Automotive
I bought a lot from D&R. I always bought through eBay. Always got good parts, and always left perfect feedback. For some reason they denied selling to me the last few times I tried. I asked why, and they never responded. They got about $5K from me. After that I spent $18K on two orders at Classic Industries. D&R lost $18 K because the didn't respond to my question. That's the good thing about having options.

Reactions: yellow69RS

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my (limited) experience, I’ve found that some OER brand parts from Classic Industries are of questionable quality. I’ve been advised to research each part here before deciding which brand to buy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am asking because I have a lot of work to do over the winter = lots of parts to buy.

I bought a few things from Ricks Camaro and had mostly good luck but, after some conversations with their customers service, they seem really overwhelmed and busy.

NPD was always a go-to for my Mustang parts, they are great to deal with and participated on the Vintage Mustang forum regularly. Their website is hard to navigate and they realize that, they are working on improving it.

I am in Indiana and Camaro Central is right down in KY. so shipping should be quick at a reasonable cost. I have a small list to start me off and I think I am going to order from them to see how they do.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,540 Posts
Depends. What part? Body/original interior/trim - one of the repro houses. Otherwise? Who has what I need at a good delivered price.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Most do a great job and give great customer service. I get most of my parts from NPD, I believe they are the largest, no matter, but give great service and are family owned. They have 4 locations and reasonable shipping. They are located here in Charlotte so it is convenient as well. I have returned parts long after purchase with no issues.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I have had great experience with Firewheel Classics and Heartbeat City.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Living in the northeast I’ve found shipping to be one of the biggest factors. Customer service is critical but changes even in the same company. Most of them sell the same parts. The bigger the order you can place the better the discount. A lot of them sell through eBay now so that may change things. Good luck

·
Registered
859 Posts
I like to shop eBay & Craig's list for used original GM parts. Sometimes it may take literally years until I find what I'm looking for. For example my last purchase of "rare" used parts were the original "bright blue" interior kick panels with the ac option. I didn't want to buy reproduction's & then try to paint or dye the black ones blue. I also waited years to find a "numbers correct" 12 bolt posi unit with 3:55 gears, made Oct. of 1966. Most used parts are readily available if you are willing to take the time & effort to refurbish them. I bought my car "numbers matching" though. So it makes me more particular about what I buy for her.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great feedback, thanks everyone.
Now let me ask it in another way, is there any parts places to stay away from?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I hate Classic Industries. Especially for metal. They wasted my time on more than one occasion, then gave me lip about a return after I provided pictures and measurements versus the OEM piece proving theirs was junk. I also find that the pricing and shipping just isn’t competitive unless you play the stupid coupon discount game.

In my opinion NPD is just so far superior. I’ve even spoke personally with Rick about a bad door, and they actually took all my information to the supplier for improvements as well as gave me a free skin so I could make needed corrections and move on with my build. I’ve many times compared oem parts to the ones in their stock on the counter before leaving. Never a problem or sarcastic remark. I will be an NPD customer for a long time.

I built an entire car using NPD, MCB (Matt’s classic bowties) and Summit Racing almost exclusively.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Summit and MCB are my go to’s. I use NPD, CHQ, and RockAuto. if you keep an eye on price you will see big swings between vendors. One is better on Holley, another on GMPP. You never know and you cant always get a price match. I like Summits no bs return policy and that enters the equation sometimes. My #1 bad experience was with Ricks. Despite where you order, depending on what you order, you might not know who made it til you open the box and perhaps not even then.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Summit when possible, the next day on my porch is awesome. I just canceled and order form Classic Ind. It was placed LAST Wednesday and I never rec'd even a confirmation let alone shipper info.
They say they are busy. Well, a week without even being sent an invoice is piss poor and not good for any business.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts