Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really stuns me that I've had this alternator for over 4 years and still can't find out where it belongs...it's a Delco Remy part number #1100921 61A 9M29 (December 29,1969). I do know that it's NOT a Chevy application! Would anyone know where this alternator goes??? ...Buick, Pontiac, Olsdsmobile, Cadillac??? Anyone?

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Re: Where does this alternator belong???

It really stuns me that I've had this alternator for over 4 years and still can't find out where it belongs...it's a Delco Remy part number #1100921 61A 9M29 (December 29,1969). I do know that it's NOT a Chevy application! Would anyone know where this alternator goes??? ...Buick, Pontiac, Olsdsmobile, Cadillac??? Anyone?

Read this....
Just scroll down. Its an original 1969 Corvette Alternator!
Kev

http://www.c3registry.org/index.php?job=ShowCorvette&car_id=13470&uid=3903

·
11,457 Posts
Re: Where does this alternator belong???

I do not think that is a vette alt (at least not for that car :)), generally the higher amp alts in 69 went to A/C cars. This vette does not have A/C, also the back of the alt looks like the later alts. I have a 1969 Motors book that lists the alt numbers for all makes, let me look in there tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
1100921 is a 1970 Cadillac with AC application.

Ed
Are you saying that the C3 with "All Original" parts except the starter is not correct? Do you think the owner would lie:cool: Its the first car that I found with that alternator. Found that it also fit many tractors also :eek:

Kev

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've looked in my 1965-69 Chevrolet by the Numbers book and it definitely does not list #921 in there. So with that I know it's not a chevy application. But I will look into the 1970 Cadillac scenario. Maybe that just might be the one. Thanks guys! :hurray:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts