Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to see if an engine is still around. I put an ad in classifieds. Is that the best place or can I put that in engine?:confused:

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Harv are you asking if a certain engine perhaps with a VIN that matches your car is somewhere that somebody knows? Or are you looking to buy a certain type engine? Clarify please and we can direct you better.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Classifieds would be the best place or in the "Wanted " section of the forum classifieds. Welcome to the Team! :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank-you all for the welcome. Comming here and asking questions is like a reunion with a bunch of old friends. This place has been more helpful than the bunch of books etc. I've read. Every little bit helps though........ Click, Yes I'm looking to see if a Vin # matching engine is out there. I also put in a topic under resto? to see if the car was still out there that belongs to the engine that was in my car.

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
anything to do with finding certain VIN parts like engines might be best in TAG section, thats where the number guru's hang out and the good folks from CRG Camaro Research Group... they would know about a cars VIN if it was in their data base. The odds of your VIN matching engine being around is slim to none, but what the heck, it doesnt hurt to ask. :)

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jim, I used Click last time because I didn't have my glasses and couldn't read your name. I got a respose from someone at CRG and there was nothing in the data base on the car my engine came out of but I didn't get a response on the engine I was looking for yet. I just gave date but not vin as someone tried to scam me saying they had my engine. He may well have had it but since he's in jail for fraud on E-bay, it could be a while before I hear from him again. HA HA. I will put engine info in tag section just for fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts