Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I took my headers off and installed stock exhaust manifolds. I now need a couple of simple parts for the AC Compressor Mounting. Working off page 214 of the Factory Assembly Instruction Manual, I specifically need the Brace-Rear for the 350 part number 3932436, Spacer part number 3932437 and the Bolt part number 179850. Are these parts commoly available through Rick's 1st Gen, Year One, etc.,? Or? Thanks, Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Call Ricks and ask. You can mount it using other Small block mounts as well. The 69 Mounts you are asking about were specific to that year Camaro, so they are a bit difficult to find. E-Bay is another route.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I ordered the ac compressor rear brace mounting (gm #3932436) from Rick's. I was told that the spacer (gm #3932437) is no longer available and to get the bolt (gm #179850), I would need to order the whole ac bolt kit. My thought is to fabricate the spacer from steel pipe and just to be sure I get it right, could someone with a small block 69 ac car measure their spacer (length and diameter) along with the bolt (length end to end and diameter)? Thanks, Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
the spacer is 1-5/8" long. 1" diameter for 1/8" near the bracket, and 3/4" for most of it's length to the compressor. The hole is 13/32 clearance for a 3/8-16 bolt. I'm not sure about actual bolt length, try a bolt that is 2-1/4" long and add washers as needed.

TTFN
Mat

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mat, that is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks for the detail and thanks for the accuracy of your response. I greatly (can you tell) appreciate it. Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts