Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed an American Autowire kit in my car and everything went really well. But I had a few mistakes and bad crimps so I need some additional terminals, specifically the golden colored male '56-series' that are used for single wires, as I don't want to try to make the double-wire version work for a single wire.

I called AAW and they don't sell those (why ?), although they sell most of the others in packs of 10. The helpful tech told me that they would send me a few free in the mail, but that never happened. I'm one of those car guys that likes to have spares of everything small: bolts, screws, fasteners of all types, and terminals. I have plenty of insulated terminals, but need the non-insulated type that go into the plastic connectors.

So...where does one find the same type of non-insulated terminals used by AAW and presumably Painless ? Surely these are off-the-shelf items and a kit that includes about a dozen or so of each type would be a good seller. Is there a technical trade name for these type of connectors ?

Thanks for anyone that can complete my 'collection'.

-Kevin

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I selected what I want and added it to my shopping cart, but could not get prices. By the time I was expected to enter my credit card details, still no prices. So I used their 'quotation' option and that was like 6 hours ago, still no quote on what amounts to a small handful of terminals.

So, if anyone knows of a source, please post one. This is sort of dumb; why would AAW and Painless sell wiring kits but not the terminals ? Are they afraid that with some wire we would make our own wiring harnesses ?

-Kevin

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks !. I was about to order from them, when Google turned up:

http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/_packard_terminals.asp

And this company is right down the road from me and I can go and speak to someone about other things I need. Waytek seemed to have good pricing, though. I found some places selling the terminals for $2.00 each. Ouch!

-Kevin

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I originally called AAW on these, but from what I could tell on their PDF catalog and in talking to the rep, the ones they sell are for the large guage wire, which in their case are used for two wires (like in the rear brake lights). These are usually colored in their kits a silver color (tin plated brass). The ones that I need are in their kit as just brass, and are sold as the small guage wire. These are used more often I think.

-Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts