Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm looking for the flat tappet hydraulic lifters with the added small oil feed oil at the bottom to send some oil to the cam.
Which brand make them, I'd like to install those instead of regular lifters.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think Howards Cams or the folks at Competition Products have them. Have to look specifically for the hyd f.t ones.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Howards has them so does Crower both excellent USA QUALITY merchandise.They call them CAM SAVER lifters and have a flat cut on the bottom half side of the lifter to create an extra pressurized light bleed onto the cam for extra oiling. Are they needed well they certainly cant hurt . I have never used them .Alex

·
Registered
92 Posts
Delta camshaft in Tacoma Washington seeks a self oiling lifter, hyd or solid. These are based on the GM design that was factory installed in the 4.3. They have a small flat machined on the side. Same concept as the comp cams tool that groves the block, only this doesn't make 16 new stress risers in your block. I think I paid 79 bucks vs the $200 plus the edm lifters go for.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Howards has them so does Crower both excellent USA QUALITY merchandise.They call them CAM SAVER lifters and have a flat cut on the bottom half side of the lifter to create an extra pressurized light bleed onto the cam for extra oiling. Are they needed well they certainly cant hurt . I have never used them .Alex
I made a version of this lifter for my Stock Eliminator 350 about twenty years ago. It worked fine although we were only using about 350# of spring pressure over the nose of the lobe at that time. I cut the flat myself using a surface grinder in my neighbor's machine shop. The flat was 1/4" wide and it extended from the oiling belt on the side of the lifter to about 3/8" from the bottom of the lifter. The primary goal was to have the flat exposed so that it could spray oil on the camshaft during the time that the lifter was riding on the base circle. Operating oil pressure was affected negligibly.

c

1 - 9 of 9 Posts