Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of the catalog's (Ricks, Ground Up, Classic Industries etc...) metal cowl hoods the same? I really want a metal 2" cowl hood to go on my car and am willing to pay more money for better quality. Is there anything else I will need to get to complete the switch from stock factory to cowl hoods? Do all of the parts, such as the latch and the spring closer thingys, trasfer over to these cowl hoods very well?

Thanks!

-Kyle

------------------
1968 Camaro under contruction, 383 stroker dynod at 437 horses, 700R4 tranny, and a 10 bolt which may well explode :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've heard good things about the GoodMark hoods. That's the one I'm eventually going to purchase. It takes all the stock parts (hinges and such) and appeared to be pretty thick sheet metal when I saw one.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Contact http://www.paceparts.com
get the goodmark cowl hood, it's steel and has several height scoops available.
If/when you order it, have them price it with the "madmike" discount, or using the "madmike account", and it'll knock $100 off retail price.

This includes freight.

This works for any GM available part as well. I'm still getting chrome trim for my 73Z for 50% off.

They helped a fellow in Alaska for me (member of this board?) get a new Z28 cowl hood for cheaper than the guys local dealership could touch it for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts