Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Call and ask for Theresa at American Autowire. I put them in my 69 RS. It has to be one of the BEST upgrades I ever done.:yes: I get compliments on them all the time. You can see a HUGE difference in the brightness. If you get them from AAW don't forget to get new flashers as well as relays. It will make life alot easier.:hurray:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I just put a set of Technostalgia (http://www.cool-leds.com/) LED conversions in my '68. Bought them from Rick's. They work well so far.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. The sequential lights are cool, but a little over the top for my taste. So far I like the kit from Musclerodz best. I do believe I'll be ordering a set next week.

Jim

·
Registered
309 Posts
When buying LED'S, make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. I believe that AAW has 128 LED'S in theirs. I am not 100% but I do not think the other brands have that many. You do not want your tail lights looking like trailer lights on an 18-wheeler.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
When buying LED'S, make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. I believe that AAW has 128 LED'S in theirs. I am not 100% but I do not think the other brands have that many. You do not want your tail lights looking like trailer lights on an 18-wheeler.
in addition to ken's post, leds are rated in "nits" for brightness. the higher the nit rating the brighter the led. i haven't really looked into these leds but if their technology is the same as the sign biz: to each LED there is either 6 or 4 pixels. a 4 count pixel is a brighter led even at the same nit rating. average life of a LED is 11 years.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's good information. I was just about to buy a set, and realized the size and number of LED's was not what I wanted... I will continue the hunt.

When you buy these LED's, do they replace the white reverse lens with a red lens? I am finding many double red lenses. Any idea?

Jim

·
Registered
309 Posts
400bird, call AAW and ask for Theresa. If you ask her real nice :D and tell her your a member on here :thumbsup: she just might give you a discount.:yes: :hurray:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts