Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a 67, no a/c car. I am looking for some creative places to hide my MSD 6AL ign. box and also the coil. It should be easily accessable and also have plenty of free air space around it for cooling purposes, right?
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Some guys use glove box, and other locations too. For mine, I mounted it on firewall above heater core. But before I mounted it, I sprayed it with the same semi-flat black that I used for the whole engine compartment. It's virtually invisible, yet still accessible. I always hated bright red things in the engine compartment, lol. I'm kinda surprised they paint 'em that color, but I guess they wanna be noticed.

Something to think about.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Some are mounted on the firewall on the inside of the car and use a firewall feed through and a grommet in the firewall to route the wires to the necessary components.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I mounted mine on the radiator support right behind the drivers side headlight, looks clean and not real noticable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well those are all good ideas guys. I really appreciate the pics and suggestions

david calligan, very nice engine compartment.

I guess I just need to pick the one that suits me best and do it.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Not that you want it hear I know but for the guy who painted his black MSD black just don't sound right..........

David, my firewall is all black, so the box blends right in. Your firewall is basically all red, so yours blends right in too, so how can you say it "don't sound right"?????????!!!!

Your setup is certainly very clean, good job.

-

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
Well those are all good ideas guys. I really appreciate the pics and suggestions

david calligan, very nice engine compartment.

I guess I just need to pick the one that suits me best and do it.

Thanks
Chris
It took me and a buddy a little thinking to be able to hide every thing...Thanks for the compliment...

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
David, my firewall is all black, so the box blends right in. Your firewall is basically all red, so yours blends right in too, so how can you say it "don't sound right"?????????!!!!

Your setup is certainly very clean, good job.

-
Just messin,sorry if I offended I was just sayin MSD is red...My car is bright orange Custom code from Glasuret the colors aren't close....Every body has there likes and dislikes if you like it it don't matter if I do.I guess I forgot to put ...lol...after the black statement like you did about hating the red..Thank you for the compliment post some pics of yours I'd like to see how it looks....Its hard to form a oppinion with out seein it...It cant be to bad your name is David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts