Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good place to mount my new Blaster 2 coil in my engine bay. I installed a new MSD distributor and an MSD 6AL box and coil this past weekend and got the car running but now I want to clean up the wiring and make the engine compartment presentable. Does anybody have pics of where they mounted there coil? I want to do this without drilling holes in the firewall? I have one bolt in the firewall where the ground strap was. But I think i need to holes to hold it good. I would like photos of engine bays if possible. My MSD box is mounted on the inner fender well. My email is:

[email protected] or just post them here.

Remember I want show quality.

·
Registered
610 Posts
When I installed a Accel 71000E billit Dist & a 8145 electronic coil I used the orginal style coil brackett & mounted it to the intake in the orginal place on my 396 engine, just behind the carb on the drivers side of the intake.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Well my setup won't work for all, requires a VINTAGE AIR AC system or NO AC to be installed to give room for the MSD 6A box under the center vent!!

Coil next to Vintage Air firewall plate

MSD6A unit above ashtray in dash! Requires Vintage Air AC or NO AC since stock AC plenum runs in this area.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I'd recommend mounting it vertically instead of sideways. The reason is that the internal cooling oil covers the windings when vertical.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I run an MSD Blaster "High Vibration" coil in the factory, horizontal intake manifold mount. The windings are completely encapsulated in epoxy so it will withstand the high vibration level on the engine and it can be mounted in any position without worrying about heat damage.

Paul D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts