Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I,m ordering new belts for my 68 and not sure which one would be the best color match.The car has red deluxe interior and is in storage so I have nothing to compare too. The choices are

flaming red 1967-1981 Camaro GM Push Button Lap Seat Belt 74 Inch Flame Red

or red 1967-1981 Camaro GM Push Button Lap Seat Belt 74 Inch Red

I e-mailed Ground up but got no answer so I may try them again.I haven't found any other suppliers that carry colored belts.Any and all opinions welcome.Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
523 Posts
Black? Is that was came in them? I will be crossing this problem in a couple months and was looking for red ones.
Did they ever come with black and does someone have a picture of that looks like?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Would like to suggest that you check out this site camaro.org/seatbelt.shtml

You will learn a bunch about Seatbelts, Also there is a place in Oklahoma City called seatbelt planet.com You can pull them up on the search bar and read what they have to offer, They say they can make new seatbelts, any color you want, etc check them out. Good Luck, Max in Las Vegas, NV Also trivia, but do you know how to distinguish Deluxe Seatbelts and also Standard Seat Belts by looking at them?? The Spade on the Deluxe Belts are the small square hole, and the Standard have the oblong square large hole................. I personally have never seen a 1st Generation CAmaro with Rear Shoulder Belts, but if you check out the above Camaros.org site, it will show pictures and mounting bolt locations for both the Convertible and the Coupe...Interesting site, at least to me, I enjoy reading it...................

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I believe also on the camaros.org/seatbelts.shtml it also tells you the correct color of belts for the Deluxe and Standard interiors in the 67-68-69 Camaros/Firebirds. Also you may or may not know a great way to clean dirty, soiled, crumpled seat belts, is to put them in the top tray of your dishwasher, add the detergent, turn off the heat cycle and run them thru the complete cycle, if they don't come out clean enough the first time, run them thru again until you are satisfied with them, I have done this for years, never had a Stick on Logo (GM) come loose, and washing them does not hurt them what so ever, at least that has been my experience.................Please contact me and let me know if any of this helped you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts