Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for first hand experiances. Which distributor / ignition system is the best for the $? I have a Mallory unitlite right now. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
What are you doing with the car? Driving it down the street like a citizen or racing it? Does it have a blower, lots of compression? The answers to those questions and the way you intend to use it will make a lot of difference, but mostly, all that is needed is a spark that will light a fire in the hole.

·
Registered
643 Posts
MSD 8360. Why? If you're putting it in a first Gen, no firewall clearance problems. Second, MSD tech support. Third, internal rev limiter. Fourth, excellent documentation and manual. And no, I don't work for MSD. :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Many years ago I had a Unilite with an MSD Blaster 2 coil. Never let me down. Ever.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I use GM HEI with a upgrade kit from Summit. I drive my BB's and have had no issues, not the fancy name, but reasonalbly available and won't break the bank.

·
14,090 Posts
MSD 8360. Why? If you're putting it in a first Gen, no firewall clearance problems. Second, MSD tech support. Third, internal rev limiter. Fourth, excellent documentation and manual. And no, I don't work for MSD. :)
And you don't have to run an ignition box. Easy to set up curve advance too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm also interested in the 8360. It looks like a non-adjustable vacuum advance. Does anyone know the specs for the can? I have a low vacuum at idle cam that requires a can like the B28. Does MSD sell an adjustable can that fits the 8360?

Anyone with a medium/big cam running the 8360? Any issues?

Thanks,
Hawk

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts