Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently gathering all of the parts for my 13" C5 change over. I was wondering if I need to use disc brake or drum brake hubs for this set up?

I will be using a '69 disc brake spindle in case that makes a difference. I know from David Pozzis site that the drum brake hub would decrease the track width as compared to what the track width would be when using disc brake hubs. I believe the difference between the mounting flanges is 9/16" between the two hubs.

I am at a point where I am going to buy these pieces and just want to make sure and get the right ones.

Thanks for your assistance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
This may help (right click, save as...its a PDF file) you decide what hub to use. It lists the dimensions of the C4 13", C5 13" & C4 12" rotor. You might want to pay close attention to the rotor hat height. As this will determine how thick of a bracket you'll need to make.

Joe

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
One other point is that you can bolt a homemade caliper bracket to the steering arm holes and save yourself the hassle of shimming or machining the bolt bosses.

Just make it like a great big odd shaped washer that fits around the spud.

pdq67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts