Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the mirrors on my 68 SS. Right now I have white bullet shaped mirrors (red/white car). I wanted to switch to chrome ones and can either get bullet shaped or classic round ones. Just wondered what came on it originally. The ones on Ebay always seem to be round or square. And what do you think looks the best on a classic car (I like the classic round). Thanks!!

------------------

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I am pretty sure the bullets aren't original. Rick's First Gen lists the round and square ones as original equipment.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Tim, excuse me but is the other way around, 67 round, 68/69 rectangular. 68ss350, for me the best looking are the original style ones.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I personally think the round 67 mirrors with the bowtie cast into the top of the back of the mirror are one of the coolest looking chrome pieces on the 67. If you aren't concerned about orignality, i'd put the round 67 mirrors with the bowtie on your 68.

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]

-1967 Camaro SS350

http://156.143.134.136/default.htm

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
Is it possible to replace the glass in a 68 inside convertible mirror? My housing looks OK but the glass is pretty shabby. How do get the thing off?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes you can you have to break it out clean the mounting point on the inside real good Have a new mirror made be sure to they sand the edges or as some places call it round them real good . The glue is the hard part we use silicon sement.

TIM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.