Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which polish is the best for cleaning up your alloy wheels?

·
Registered
136 Posts
if they are coated just use cold soapy water and a clear coat wax if not mothers is good or the stuff that comes in a cotton swap i cannot remember the name of it but when i do i'll re-post.If they are heavely oxidized use a light rubbing with wire wool then polish.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
madcow, i think your talking about nevr-dull. it does work awesome, on aluminum, stainless and other metals, its sold through eagle brand as nevr-dull also. but for aluminum wheels i think mothers is the best.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I use Never-Dull sometimes for quick touch up. If you have non-anodized wheels, get your self some Heavy Metal Polish in green (course) and blue (fine). That stuff really does work miracles on polished aluminum. I have Fento slotted wheels on the 75 Camaro (14 x 8 Front & 15x11 Rear) Those wheels are 30 years old and have machine marks in them. Thay are a bear to clean. The green stuff gets in the grooves and cleans the oxidation out. Then I use the blue to put the final shine on them. The polish also contains a wax so the oxidation process is slowed down quite a bit. I use the blue on the TTII's on the 69. They sure do gleam at the car shows. You can buy the stuff at most truck stops or at www.heavymetalpolish.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts