Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the lazy Camaro owner I am, I figured I'd ask you guys which mail order Camaro supplier should I support with purchases. Who has the best customer service, tracking, prices, etc?
:confused: :confused:
thanks
Bill
hoping to have Z on road by next month

·
15,374 Posts
I've been doing a lot of price-comparing lately for suspension parts and Ricks came out ahead for most things. They got my order last night.
Summit does good price-wise with parts also. I've never had a problem with them.

Do a search in the forums here and you'll see the question is asked a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I just straightened out my last and final order with Removed by admin!! . I gave them the chance to clear everything up and they screwed that up also. I hate to bash anybody, but they deserve it. This just finalized today and it is very aggravating. The qaulity of their product isn't bad at all, but their customer service, shipping and ordering departments lack communication and are very inefficient!! I will never buy from them again regardless of the price. I've had problems with every order I've placed with them and it is extremely frustrating. On the other hand, it is a pleasure to deal with Rick's First Generation. I'm sold on them.
I have never , never ,never had even one minor problem with any of their departments and I am one happy customer. I like to deal with Gary, but I've had good service with anyone over there I've dealt with.

[ 06-20-2003, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: DjD ]

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I use Rick's alot. First they are competitively priced, and easy to work with.
More importantly, I can drive there to pick up parts. I do this to "protect my wife" from the burden of knowing how much I am buying!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I use:

NPD (www.npdlink.com) --decent prices, fast shipping

www.mattsclassicbowties.com --Cali based, excellent prices, excellent customer service

SS396.com --screwed up my only order from them

www.oldmusclecars.com --nice people, excellent prices, excellent customer service

I only ordered a firewall seal kit from ss396. I needed it fast because I needed a piece for the steering column prior to taking my car to the shop. They sent me a CHEVELLE piece, so my car was delayed. Oh well. Happens.

[ 06-20-2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: MangeMD ]

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by RSS:
I just straightened out my last and final order with Removed by admin!! . I gave them the chance to clear everything up and they screwed that up also. I hate to bash anybody, but they deserve it. This just finalized today and it is very aggravating. The qaulity of their product isn't bad at all, but their customer service, shipping and ordering departments lack communication and are very inefficient!! I will never buy from them again regardless of the price. I've had problems with every order I've placed with them and it is extremely frustrating. On the other hand, it is a pleasure to deal with Rick's First Generation. I'm sold on them.
I have never , never ,never had even one minor problem with any of their departments and I am one happy customer. I like to deal with Gary, but I've had good service with anyone over there I've dealt with.
You agreeded to no vendor bashing when you signed up to post on the site. Please honor that in the future. The site does understand the frustration from a deal that doesn't seem to work out but doesn't wish it's forums to be used to seek revenge, warn the world etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use Rick's and Ground Up. Ground Up has first rate customer service, and on top of that, since they support this site they definitely deserve my business (and yours too!!).

I recently had a special order for pre-assembled gold edition door panels, and Ground-Up took care of it without a problem. These kinds of orders always seem to get messed up, but they did a great job.

-Marc

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Dennis,

I apologize for the bad post. I didn't mean to sound malicious, just venting. Normally, if I don't have anything positive to say, I don't say anything. The question just sufaced at a bad time.

Rick

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
Ground UP (ss396.com) and Rick's Firt Gen (firstgen.com) have both done a good job for me. Rick's takes returns very well if you are not happy.

Gary

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey Rick, Should'nt have to apologies. If they are going to edit out those with poor performance, then they should edit out the whole question in the first place! Most companies are good to work with, the bads ones are the ones we need to hear about!

·
Administrator
2,654 Posts
The explanation again about the policy.
we do not care to name companies that someone had problems with as it's too easy for things to get out of control. One person may have a problem with X company and post a bunch of negatives only to have it turn out to be a misunderstanding.

Also, we have had it happen where posts were made against a supplier and when the dust all settled it was a competitor's employee that posted it.

In short, we have no way to know if the statements are 100% correct, who the poster really is and whether it's a real problem, if a resolution was attempted, or just someone venting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts