Team Camaro Tech banner

Which Rims?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
What type of "look" are you after? If it's vintage you can't go wrong with the V45s. There is no bad choise. They all look good.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What type of "look" are you after? If it's vintage you can't go wrong with the V45s. There is no bad choise. They all look good.
That is the problem I like them all, hard to choose. I agree they would all look good really no bad choice.

Driverzinc is offering a pretty good sale on the Vintage Wheel Works v45s right now. I am think of pulling the trigger on the v45s, just wanted to make sure before I do.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Me too. I'd like to see a little taller sidewall, though.:thumbsup:
They probably will have a bit more sidewall, my photo-shopping skills are weak at best. Some of those might be 18" rims (only pics I could find). Should be 245/45/17s in the front and 335/35/17s in the rear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
how about the Superspokes with the Titanium finish for the center section and a polished lip? They all look good but the Rushforths are the only of the three will stand out in the crowds of 1st gens with the same old wheels. I have been following your build and the car is really coming together. Great job!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Out of those three i pick the v45's. I would go with the v40's though. Thats what i have on my 67 with the same color comno you have.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I like the V45's. Kind of looks like the old torque thrust d wheels..I always liked old school even when I bought my first Camaro years ago.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,181 Posts
I like the V45's but not as big as shown in pic's....

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how about the Superspokes with the Titanium finish for the center section and a polished lip?
I thought about that, I think you are right a polished lip would look better than a lip and center the same color. (only pic I could find was solid).

I have been following your build and the car is really coming together. Great job!!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Out of the three profiles, i think that the best fits your car and color are the V45s :thumbsup:. That look is what i was after be for i picked out the Billet Ralleys :yes:. I'm glad to see my Billet Ralleys are in the top three :hurray:.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Out of the three profiles, i think that the best fits your car and color are the V45s :thumbsup:. That look is what i was after be for i picked out the Billet Ralleys :yes:. I'm glad to see my Billet Ralleys are in the top three :hurray:.
Yeah the billet rallyes were my favorites for a long time. It is just with my brakes in the front (Touring classics C5 12.7" rotor) I have run around a 1" spacer/adapter to get them to clear the brakes. Which just makes me uneasy.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Yeah the billet rallyes were my favorites for a long time. It is just with my brakes in the front (Touring classics C5 12.7" rotor) I have run around a 1" spacer/adapter to get them to clear the brakes. Which just makes me uneasy.
The V45s are the best pick out of the three. Thank god for photoshop, because its so hard to pick rims and tires out for our cars. Not only are they expensive but the really do change the look of the hole car. Your car looks awesome with that style.:beers:
Your car is going to handle so much better as far as tight turns.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
What size rimes and tires.

If you go with 18s don't go any bigger then rear rims 18x9.5 with 5.5 back space, with G-Force tires 275/40/18 i have 285/40/18 and they rub a little on the inner quarter/trunk well, and its a stock 12 bolt with drum brakes...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like the V45s by a wide margin.

Thanks all!
Post this over on Lateral-G or Pro-Touring and compare. Might be interesting to see how opinions vary between the websites. My vote is still for the Rushforth but I am partial. Are you going to have you car done in time for the Cruise for the Cure later this month in Costa Mesa.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What size rimes and tires.

If you go with 18s don't go any bigger then rear rims 18x9.5 with 5.5 back space, with G-Force tires 275/40/18 i have 285/40/18 and they rub a little on the inner quarter/trunk well, and its a stock 12 bolt with drum brakes...
Actually the car is mini-tubbed so a 17x11 is an option with 335/35/17 tires in the rear :D

Post this over on Lateral-G or Pro-Touring and compare. Might be interesting to see how opinions vary between the websites.
That is probably a good idea.

My vote is still for the Rushforth but I am partial.

I know you are the one that put the Rushforths on the radar in the first place. :thumbsup:

If money were no object I'd probably go with the Rushforths (Smoked Titanium centers with polished lip) but it is looking like a choice of less expensive wheels and getting the car on the road or waiting until next summer to get it running with more expensive wheels.

The reason is next semester at school they offer a transmission class (only once a year) and I want to build myself a built 4L80E and put paddle shifters in (something that can take the abuse of the track with meaty slicks in the rear). I can't go all out and splurge on Rushforths, build the trans and still keep things under budget.

The one point against the Rushforths is they don't exactly fit in with the original goal of my project, looking stock on the outside and pro-touring on the inside (ie sleeper). They look really good and distinctive but kind of "blow" the stock look out of the water, hehe.

So its a trade off :confused:

Asking the wife for more money would be a death sentence at this point. Who knows maybe she will relent the Rushforths are her favorites, but she doesn't understand why they cost so much :p

Are you going to have you car done in time for the Cruise for the Cure later this month in Costa Mesa.
I wish, I am very close to putting the motor in, but I have full electrical to do, I know that is going to take me a bit of time. I'm pushing for Thanksgiving but Christmas might be more realistic. Lots of stuff to mockup and wrap up. We will see. I want to drive the dang thing!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts