Team Camaro Tech banner

which size would look better

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  FTF Automotive 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just a quick outlook on what you all would think might look better im going to be ordering my tires soon and im torn between two options.

1. 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear.

2. 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear.

i have 2" hotchkis front lowering and 1.5" hotchkis rear lowering.
Thank you all i know this is a beat horse but ive seen so many numbers lately its all a blur so hearing any opinions would be great. :beers:

#2 ·
is that the widest tire that you are comfortable running? I know everyone talks about needing to modify stuff to fit bigger tires, but i run 235's all day easily on the front and 275's on the rears, without modification. Option 2 would look better if that is what you are stuck with ;)

#3 ·
Option two also. I don't blame you for not going all out big. I would not want to hear any rubbing at all. Running 225/45/17 tires most go with 4" BS on the front and 255/40/17 use 17x8 w/5.5 BS. 275/40/17 use 17x9.5 w/5.5 BS. If you get recommendations from the tire installer on larger tires get a guarantee to fit or free replacement with your size. IN WRITING!

#5 ·
Thank you Sean, Doug for the reply I was leaning towards option 2 a little more too. And very nice car George that is a good looking combo. The reason I'm going smaller is I have a different suspension and disks all around so the back spacing is not typical. I have a set of iroc roller wheels on there now 16x8 front bs 4.75 235/×/16 back 16x8 bs 5.25 also a 235/x/16. I just ordered the vn 327 rallies in 17x7 bs 4.5 front and 17x8 5" bs rear all based off what the iroc wheels looked like. So the 235's don't look as narrow as I thought they would. Also I'm having a hard time finding a good tire in a 255 and 225 matching set for me, I did find the Michelin super sports in the sizes 225/45/17. 245/40/17 and 245/45/17 any and all advice/opinions wold be great thank you all. :beers:

#6 ·
I use this site all the time in order to find tires for customers, and while they don't carry all brands, they have a ton, and you can search for multiple sizes at the same time, IE front and rear tire sizes matching. They are cheaper than tire rack, and many other online sites in my experience, you may give it a shot if you have not already.

www.TireBuyer.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.